January 17, 2008

It's been far too long

See...I told you when I started this blog that I go full force into a new project and then I sort of fade away. I wasn't certain that I would be able to keep up with this blog and I guess I sort of willed myself to stop blogging. It's ironic that my last post was about getting 1,000 hits. I hit that milestone and then faded off into the distance.

That's sort of what happened.

You see, I started to feel like I was losing my creativity. I went through a time where I couldn't come up with any new ideas for stamping, scrapping or much of anything. I needed a break. During this break I found a deeper love of digital scrapbooking. I took some time to learn how to do it using Photoshop CS2 instead of using the Scrapbook Factory Deluxe program I had been. I spent many hours working on a book of pictures and layouts of the girls year. I have it almost complete and then I am going to send it off to be professionally printed. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

In the last month or so I found a bit of that creative desire coming back. I have completed a number of altered art projects. I guess what I discovered during this "break" was that I really didn't lose my creativity. I just need to use it in a lot of different ways. I guess the title of this blog doesn't cover the array of arts and crafts I am into.

I do plan on actively starting to blog again. I will try to recap some of the projects I have completed in the last few months. For now I will leave you with photos of 2 wall hangings I created. These were made with chipboard coasters. I plan on making more because they turned out really cute and I just got my hands on some more blank coasters just waiting to be altered.

1 comment:

Becki said...

Yay!! You're back :)

Very cool projects - I need some creativity to inspire me.