September 9, 2007

Just playing today and sharing fun

While I haven't had a chance to stamp a single thing this weekend, I did have some time for serious fun. I don't even know which to share with you first.

I was going to try to keep this blog for strictly my stamping and crafty stuff but I just have to share a little bit about my family again.

Today was my littlest girls birthday. She turned 3 today. For the last few months her biggest interest has been peoples birthdays and I think she was super excited that she finally got to celebrate hers. Her cake was fun. I make lots and lots of cakes but for some reason I always go store bought for birthday in this household. I made a bit of a compromise for this one.

A few months ago she told me she wanted a Jo Jo the clown cake. I was all prepared to make it. Then a few weeks ago she changed her mind and said she wanted Curious George. Well, it finally hit her a few days ago that I could probably let her have ANY kind of cake she asked for and she changed her mind again. This time she asked if she could have her most favorite cartoon character. You see, she loves Angelina Ballerina. It's a little mouse that is a Ballerina. She loves to dance around. I told her I would try to make it but I couldn't promise it. I knew there wouldn't be a lot of people celebrating with us so I didn't want to spend my normally hours and hours preparing a cake and decided I was going to get a store bought one that was pretty blank and decorate it myself. I drove to 5 different stores today to find one I could use. I got clear gel icing and traced a picture with it on wax paper and put it on the cake. I think it turned out pretty cute and both of the girls knew who it was as soon as they saw it.

I also got some super cute blog candy on Friday. I won my very first blog candy from Mahlin at Mahlin - Less Ordinary. I won these super adorable little owl stickers. She included an adorable artist trading card that she personalized for me. She even decorated the envelope in a super cute way. I will treasure this forever. My hubby was even happy to receive the postage stamp and post mark from Sweden to add to his postage stamp collection. This was so fun to win! Make sure you stop over to Mahlin's blog and say Hi.

Besides this blog candy win I also won some fabulous candy from Kristine at Ink Something! She said she was sending me this altered tin with a surprise inside. I would say I was surprised. There was so much stuff filling this beautiful tin. There was paper, glitter pens, beach themed stickers, fun binder clips, blank chipboard coasters, some beautiful cards and a pumpkin bar recipe. I can't wait to start playing with these. I also have to say that I was a little leery of trying the altered tins but looking at this, I have been inspired. It is amazingly beautiful in person. I will be taking this to work to use at my desk and to show off to all my co-workers. Make sure you also stop over and say hi to Kristine and look at her other beautiful creations.

No comments: