August 19, 2007

More about me and this blog

Since I have had a few more recent visitors I thought I would share a bit more about my stamping and this blog.

Stamping
One thing that you will notice is that most of the stamps I use are from Stampin' Up!. I have recently ventured into trying other companies stamps but I usually go back to my old stand by. I love that Stampin' Up! sell their stamps in sets. I know that other companies do too but most of the sets I like from them are acrylic stamps. I have not tried acrylic yet but I think I will be in the near future. I am the kind of person that doesn't always take well to change so straying from my wood mounted stamps will be difficult for me. Who knows, once I try the acrylic I may never go back to wood mounted again.

Another thing is that I use a lot of retired stamps. That's because I have a very limited stamping budget. I mostly restock paper, adhesive and a few embellishments. I pretty much use whatever I have laying around and stay with very simple embellishments. I try to pick up deals on retired sets because I do like to have "new" sets but I can't afford to purchase a lot of brand new sets. I have about 35 sets and I think only 2 of them are current. I don't mind using retired sets because I still like the designs and really could care less if it is the latest and greatest.

This blog
I think I found a direction for this blog and a way to be motivated to post on an almost daily basis. If you have read any of my previous posts you will see that I recently started participating in sketch challenges. I am making it my goal to find a new sketch challenge to try at least a few times a week. When I create something from a sketch challenge I will post it here. This way I can accomplish two things: Creating more cards and posting to my blog. It's a win-win situation. So keep checking back to see what new things I will share each week.

No comments: