August 5, 2007

My stamping history - Part 1

I started stamping in March of 2005. It all happened sort of by accident or divine intervention.

I belong to an online community. Most people discover this community if they are representatives of any direct sales company. It was started for candle consultants and that was the reason I originally started visiting. I have been a part of this community since 2003.

This community held what they described as a Stitch & Bitch weekend. It was a weekend that everyone was invited to and it was basically meant to be a crafting weekend although you could go even if you just wanted to take part in the bitching part. There really wasn't much stitching or bitching. It was just a ton of fun hanging out with these people that you have come to know over time. I brought along my cross stitch supplies. I don't think I even once opened my bag. A lot of the girls were stamping and scrapping. I was showing a lot of interest in the stamping and one of the girls offered up her supplies to let me give it a try. It was fun and I made some super simple cards because I really had no idea what I was doing.

Here are the cards I made that weekend:



1 comment:

Spot-On said...

too fun! Isn't it cool to look back and see how far we've come? As much as I laugh at my earlier work, I love that it shows how far I progressed and how I've grown creatively! TFS!